Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.0 [Update]
Most effective protection Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 has been released with new version 14 to move beyond antivirus with layered protection at the endpoint. Previous version of SEP 12.1 brings unrivaled security and blazing performance across physical and virtual systems and is equipped to protect the latest operating systems achieving maximum performance and advanced protection.
Insight technology reduces antivirus scans while SONAR stops cyber-criminals and zero-day attacks. Only Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 provides the security you need through a single, high-powered agent, for the fastest, most-effective protection available.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.0 has new interface with Intelligent Threat Cloud Service. Emulated with packed malware. Security patches for Windows clients, Advanced Machine Learning and much more.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.0 Key Benefits
Today’s complicated threat landscape requires sophisticated protection from large-scale malware to the most targeted attacks. Only Symantec uses Insight, with the collective wisdom of 200+ million systems in over 200 countries to identify and create a security rating for every file accessed through the internet. This superior reputation technology is combined with network, behavior, file and repair layers of defense to provide unrivaled security against known, and unknown, threats.
In today’s global business environment, every second counts. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 has replaced traditional scanning of every file with scan elimination and De-duplication through Virtual Image Exception and Shared Insight Cache, and access to the largest Global Intelligence Network to reduce scan times and provide the fastest performance available. Quite simply, files known to be good can be skipped, causing Endpoint Protection to scan faster and smarter.
Built for Virtual Environments
Symantec integrates with VMware vShield Endpoint and has been optimized to secure your high-density business critical environments with the effectiveness you need and the performance you demand.
Supports the following versions of Symantec antivirus software:
- Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security (later than 2012, up to version 22.6.x.x)
- Norton AntiVirus / Norton Internet Security 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012
- Norton 360 (later than 6.0, up to version 22.6.x.x)
- Norton 360 version 2.0/3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
- Norton Security (up to version 22.6.x.x)
- Norton Security with Backup (up to version 22.6.x.x)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.2 and later
- Symantec Protection Engine 7.x for Windows
- Symantec Mail Security for Domino v 7.x
- Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (32-bit)
- Symantec Scan Engine 5.x for Windows
- Symantec AntiVirus for Caching/Messaging/NAS for Windows
Build number: 14.0.1904.0000
Release date: 28 Oct 2016
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 Key Feature (NEW)
- Virus definitions in the cloud (Intelligent Threat Cloud Service)
- Advanced Machine Learning (AML) on the endpoint for improved static detections
- OS hardening (Generic Exploit Migration)
- Emulator for packed malware
- Security patches for Windows clients that download using LiveUpdate
Usability and scale:
- New user interface
- Custom replication schedule
- Subnet mask for explicit Group Update Providers
- In-product notifications
- REST API references
- Device control (Mac client)
- AutoUpgrade (Mac client)